View Single Post
Old 29-06-2016, 19:06   #768
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
I would say the voting public are wanting freedom of movement gotten rid of and no money going to Europe ,to them that is what they voted for ,it's certainly what i voted for
Well yes, hence the problem.

To me it seems there are two options on the table now no matter what Boris is saying to win the leadership:
  1. EEA - We sign up to the four freedoms, essentially single market member but with free movement. Least disruptive to the economy.
  2. Trade deal - No single market access, no free movement but this option will be the worst economically

The fantasy of having the single market without migration has to be cast aside now. The new Tory leader is going to have to choose what he or she wants to deliver on. Do they want to risk hurting the economy or do they want to break the promise on migration?

Both options though allow them to say they've freed the UK from the ECJ.