View Single Post
Old 23-09-2015, 21:36   #405
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: The future for linear TV channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Ah got you now - but again, a similar point ... Apple's products rarely beat the competition on hard specs. Their strength lies in design aesthetic and ease of use. They are very good at taking something that is seen as a niche product and making it mass market.

I'm not being a fanboy and saying Apple TV will therefore of necessity be the next big thing - just that on past performance, it would be foolish to assume it won't be. Even without 4K.
I do agree with you about ease of use i have 3rd generation Appletv and setting up smart dns on it was a breeze the firetv was a bit of work but function wise both are superb and very easy to use.
I think though next generation Apple really need to pull a rabbit out of the hat as both ROKU and firetv are extremly easy to use with 4k on next generation however ROKU doesn't allow smart dns which costs it a few points imo.
In my view this is my order for ease of use of my media devices keep in mind i'm a huge android fan.
1. PC
2. Appletv 3rd generation
3. Firetv box
4. ROKU
5. Chromecast

i include my pc as i'm fortunate enough to have both pc and laptop and the pc is constantly connected to my tv.
From what i've heard it may be possible to sideload apps on new apple tv if this is the case and they keep it simple to change dns for multi region streamers like myself it could be a winner, i personally have no interest in 4K as i do not have a 4K tv, but knowing Apple they'll make a Appletv 5 in a few months with 4k because this is typical of Apple.
The next generation of devices it will be interesting to see how it all pans out but for now for me the next generation firetv is leading the way closely followed by Appletv 4thgen, however if ROKU allow dns change this could drastically change.
On the otherhand Amazon will be using Android 5.0 upwards on firetv which opens the new firetv up for endless possibilities.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote