View Single Post
Old 28-06-2013, 00:06   #2269
coulsontom
Inactive

coulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to behold
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
Gotta disagree, surely people can record strictly/X factor if they want to watch the football instead?!? personally don't see the point of either program, but there again I don't have kids and need to entertain them.
The people who don't want to watch the football will head off out yes, but even if they stayed in they would not watch the football anyway so it makes no difference to the football audience. Those who do want to watch it will surely watch it before going out for a few jars or out with the missus and/or watch the recording of Strictly/X-factor. When I was in the mood for football, I watched the odd match (with me mates) before heading out.
As for the missus having the control, there is often a balance struck between programmes. I.e. I would suffer through X-factor with the missus (after the match) as long as I can watch the footie, she can do what she wants when the footie is on etc.
I think Sky will put some decent matches on now due to better advertising revenue and it will give them the chance to keep footie fans watching SS1 for football first afterwards.
Also, how is the remote control argument different from the 12:45 match
Of course, they can but they don't

---------- Post added at 00:06 ---------- Previous post was at 00:04 ----------

& Sky will still put their best 2 games on Super Sunday. The Saturday game will always be 3rd choice, or 4th if there's a MNF game on. Maybe even 4th when BT have 1st pick, maybe 5th choice on those occasions.
coulsontom is offline   Reply With Quote