View Single Post
Old 20-05-2017, 21:47   #619
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: June 8th General Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
It's his right to abstain but if you don't participate then you have remember you gave away your chance to affect any change and if laws are passed that you disagree with, you have only yourself to blame.

I look at it this way if I don't vote than I have no right to complain about the results and what the government of the day do that I strongly disagree with.
Most people abstaining isn't a statement, it's because they can't be bothered to move their arse off their sofa. They'll then spend the next 5 years moaning...
(In the EU referendum Leave only got 17 million out of the 46 million electorate, ignoring those not registered to vote, apathy rules)

Making voting compulsory with an abstention box on the voting form if you don't think any of them are worth your vote. It would give people some exercise/ fresh air if nothing else. Abstention might win the election though !