View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 18:36   #2308
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Because you regularly make statements, as if they are facts, with no evidence to back them up (remember Sky Atlantic? Several people asked you to produce evidence for your stance on that).

And you've just done it again:

The inference to me from that statement is that the complaints are overwhelming. Sometimes, that can be confused with a small vocal minority making a lot of noise. And that is where the need for real evidence comes in, to distinguish between the two.

C'mon, Harry, are we really going back to the Sky Atlantic debate, which is so last year! I have already given an explanation for what I said before, which was based on several reports which turned out not to have led anywhere in the end.

As for your last comment, see the link below. There's more where this came from but I think we should leave it there. I accept that you may disagree, but we don't need to resort to pedantry just because we have different views. I've read far more controversial and outrageous remarks on these forums than this, and they haven't been asked repeatedly to come up with facts and figures to justify their view. After all, this is a discussion forum.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/t...-scrapped.html

One last thing to press the point. You have stated previously that Netflix will eventually carry adverts. However, your view goes directly against what Netflix have said, but you haven't produced good evidence to justify your view. Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting you to now start researching this to prove yourself right (although I suspect you will have some difficulty with that), I simply accept that this is your view.

I hope that clears it up, but anyway, let's move on.

---------- Post added at 18:36 ---------- Previous post was at 18:32 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveh View Post
Maybe it's time Cable Forum had a board for streaming services given we're now on page 154 and there's no doubt a lot of broadband-only Virgin customers using them.
Isn't that what this is?