View Single Post
Old 13-04-2012, 09:56   #33
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Anti-gay adverts pulled from bus campaign by Boris Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
I think we are all a little confused on some Christians belief on the subject of homosexuality.On one hand we have we have some churches allowing gay partnerships and blessing them on the other we have churches coming up with ads basically offering to turn gays straight .You tell us Chris ,exactly what is the churches belief on homosexuality? because i'm damned if i know
Your confusion is as a result of your unique place in history. Jimmy-j posted a quote from bible.org a little earlier that sums up orthodox Christian belief on the subject.* This was universally held as a belief until maybe 50 years ago when in many Western countries first the criminal status of homosexual practices and then their social acceptability in general came to be challenged.

Even today, in many countries around the world, you will find no confusion on this issue within the Christian church. The Bible's teaching hasn't changed; what has changed is that some members of some churches in some places have reacted to pressure from society and have shifted their views over the past generation or so.

*albeit lacking context regarding the judicial penalty prescribed at the point in history where the quote arises from - a fuller treatment of the subject requires a little New Testament study as well, but let's not stray too far off the topic.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote