View Single Post
Old 17-07-2017, 14:40   #1867
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
I would expect that as it isn't an encryption issue. The V6 suggestions routine won't be able to predict that there is an error causing the "authorisation" issue. I'm a little surprised that this issue still hasn't been resolved.

On another note, I've been told that video & audio streams for the "Internal" channel tests for the new Sky Sports channels were added to customer facing networks between the 13th & 14th of July.
I'd never seen the "Not Authorised" message before until the RTE problem- until today. After having to reboot the box because of a different long standing problem, it said it for ITV HD until the box had settled down!

I agree, it's surprising that VM have allowed this to go on for so long. I have been given a token amount off my bill for the inconvenience, but it's getting beyond a joke now after about eight months.

I've written to RTE to see what they have to say about it, as they will be paying VM to be on they platform. Hopefully this might prompt VM into doing something about this.

I can't imagine that this would have been allowed to go on for so long if it was a more mainstream channel.