View Single Post
Old 29-11-2003, 16:21   #12
psyper
Inactive

psyper is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: blinking ethernet light

Okay - I'm pretty sure I wouldn't connect up the wrong cable to the wrong port and I haven't disconnected any cables before this problem started occuring but I had been unplugging and swapping them around while I was diagnosing what was going on - so just to be on the safe side I pulled out all the cables and the modem one was connected up to the WAN on the router. - so that ruled that out. I was kinda hoping that I was an idiot and did that cos then atleast it would solve the issue.

When I connect up a single computer to the modem the Enet light does blink in the same way as it does when its connected to the router. And so does the light on the network card in the back of the PC - I've rebooted the computer and did an ipconfig and it the default gateway with an ip address. If I boot up any other computers then they dont get assigned one - even when I release the ip address or reboot them again. Its only when I shut down the PC with the gateway assigned and boot up another do they get the gateway and the connection.
psyper is offline   Reply With Quote