View Single Post
Old 28-11-2003, 16:56   #1
psyper
Inactive

psyper is an unknown quantity at this point
Question blinking ethernet light

I have an ntl:home boardband 100 modem and its connected to a D-Link Ethernet Broadband router which in turn connected to my 3 PC's.

They have all been able to connect to the internet and each other for the last year and a half without a problem. That was until I had to power them down to redo the cabling round the back of my computer (they only got disconnected for 5 seconds or so).

Anyway - now all the lights: WAN (cable modem upload) and the 3 PC connections are flashing together at the same time about twice a second - this is also the same on the Ethernet light on the cable modem!
When this happens none of the computers except one can connect to the net - and it cannot see the other 2 computers on the lan - whereas the other 2 computers can see each other but not the internet and not the computer which is connecting to the internet!! :S
I've rebooted all my machines and it seems like the first one to boot up gets the internet.

When I connect a single machine directly to the cable modem (bypassing the router) I get a connection to the net but this is slower than normal and the ethernet light blinks like mad even when the upload and download lights arent lit.

Anyone have any suggestions?
psyper is offline   Reply With Quote