View Single Post
Old 23-05-2017, 16:09   #13
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star
Re: Some BBC channels dead on Freesat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Yes - a satellite box isn't like terrestrial freeview. You can't just split the cable and share the signal (well not exactly). For a box with two tuners to work correctly, each tuner needs its own cable, and each cable needs its own terminal on the LNB (the box attached to the arm on your satellite dish). It's an easy job for an installer, but unless you have a head for heights and you know what you're doing, you do need an installer to do it.

That said, any half decent Freesat HDR box should function with only one cable. It will however be slightly limited, and if you try to watch and record certain combinations of channels they won't work, because of the way the box needs to control the LNB.
Think I will stick with my old box for awhile. I would not like to pay for a box that doesn't do what I want it to do.
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote