View Single Post
Old 16-03-2017, 01:53   #40
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: The Nintendo Switch(NX) - release date 3rd March 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Isn't Mario Kart 8 deluxe the same as the Wii U version? Only tempting thing is the portability I think...
It is technically the same but it includes all the DLC plus a whole load of new multiplayer modes and also runs 1080p at 60fps and it really looks amazing.

---------- Post added 16-03-2017 at 00:53 ---------- Previous post was 15-03-2017 at 23:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
snip.......

Nintendo actually don't have a great record when it comes to selling home (ie non portable) consoles. They've released a lot, but the only ones that really did well are the NES, the SNES and Wii. I think financially, they've been using their pocket console sales to subsidise the rest of the company.

I actually think the Switch can succeed. It seems a good console, but I think they need to drop the prices now. It's more expensive than either the PS4 or XBox one, but does not have anywhere near the number of titles either had at launch, and the mobile gaming market is nowhere near as big as it was.

What makes me sad about this is I think Nintendo need it to succeed (why else would they have rushed out the Mini NES and Mini Famicom just before Christmas if not to give themselves a quick boost of cash), and I am not sure it will.
I am sure the N64 and Gamecube also we relatively successful. I think the Wii U and the Virtuaboy were the really bad home consoles.