View Single Post
Old 13-10-2017, 18:28   #2996
jj20x

Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Sorry, I meant to say on national Freeview. It's true that there is unused capacity on the temporary muxes until 2020.
There's unused capacity on COM 6, given that it hasn't been configured for 16 video streams and that they had to resort to selling part time capacity rather than a full time stream.

Quote:
I wonder if the clearance of 700MHz will see the end of channels on Freeview like Keep It Country, Talking Pictures etc?
Arqiva are clearly keen on running the temporary muxes until they feel that the market is ready for a switch to DVB-T2. Whether some of the minority channels will bring in enough advertising revenue to support carriage from 80 sites rather than 30 remains to be seen.

Quote:
Star Gold/Plus/Bharat are now available on my EPG. Does anyone else have these (I'm on XL). I'm pretty sure they never used to be available and assumed that it was because News Corp own them and wouldn't let VM put them in mainstream packages like they have on Sky.
Changes to the SDT were noted last night but haven't been analysed at this stage. Ironically because the parameters used for analysis are being changed to speed up the process.