View Single Post
Old 14-02-2012, 16:06   #17
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: Considering going for a Tivo box! Help to answer questions pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by New to cable View Post

I don't think Sky are that worried about TiVo to be honest it is basically little more than a connected TV extender but without the good Apps.

A few software upgrades and increase UI speeds, get quality apps and it may become a better offering. But for a user like me who only really uses my STB for watching recording TV, I think for that..my Sky+HD box is better due to more content.

But also my point of view is based on the fact I have "Apps" on my TV, BLUERAY, XBOX360, PS3. So the last thing I want is sky offering them and then saying.."Oh yeah there is a £5 a month increase to pay for them" As I just never use them, well apart from Netflix.
Are you for real SKY are pig sick that they never signed up all those years ago and realise that Tivo is now the class leader with regards Set Top Boxes in this country.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote