View Single Post
Old 17-04-2024, 20:49   #10
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Re: Roaming cost in USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
I bought a local sim , e mailed the number to every one ,hoping they left me alone !! Sorry just thought of what you are looking to do. I'd use free WiFi, in hotel , bar , cafe etc by giving a local sim number it's them that pay !!!
like your thinking. I suspect they'll possibly go down the e-sim route as all their phones are compatible, that way can do it beforehand.

---------- Post added at 20:49 ---------- Previous post was at 20:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
There was a story a few years back, a family went on holiday, but the teenage son decided he would rather play CoD on his computer that explore. he had a large update which he downloaded, the bill was about £7,500.

The provider said we want our money.

TBH i back the provider.

Although they should have been a cut off that the account holder could remove.

But at the end of the day, there will be a safe wifi connection.
Don't think my entourage would be that stupid....but
Using Tesco's roaming prices £7500 would be getting off lightly. You would only get around a gig and a half. Not a time to be downloading a new game.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote