Old 08-03-2016, 07:34   #22
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Ghostbusters (2016) Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
At least some of those dislikes are coming from Men's Rights types getting angry on Reddit that the women are taking over. The film may be still be rubbish but at least some people aren't going to be interested because they replaced the menz.
Men's Rights supporter here.

I generally don't like all-women main cast films. Not a chauvinist thing at all and I'm not saying I think they're bad films because of women, I just don't find them appealing. I actually watched Spy as I like spy-type films but didn't enjoy it due to the girly-humour but more because of what I felt was OTT 'empowerment' which these days often feels exaggerated. Again I'm not against female empowerment at all but I think the target audience was women and I suspect GB will be aimed that way too. Similar to how many women wouldn't enjoy immature testosterone-fuelled films like the Expendables, the Hangover etc.

(And the for the record, anyone who has me on Facebook will know how much I loved The Force Awakens - at no point did the non-issue of a female lead cross my mind, I thought she was awesome and look forward to her character development.)

Don't get me wrong, I hope GB does well and I'm sure it will (and as long as it's a freebie ticket I might even go along) but I'm not looking forward to it as I would be with a male cast - I was a huge fan as a child of the first two and with what I consider to be such a deviation from the originals, it wouldn't be the same.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote