View Single Post
Old 14-06-2017, 20:07   #14
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Huge fire at West London tower block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
We lived for many years on the 11th (top) floor of a block of flats. It was overclad after a few years. Many pointed out that the material could burn and act as a chimney taking any fire quickly up the outside, burning through the plastic frames of the new double glazing.
As sad as the whole incident is, I watch it all unfold till after 4am and from the first footage seen I could tell that the cladding had caused the fire to spread so fast.

Those blocks by their nature should keep the fire contained in the flat. However that didn't happen and much like that building fire in Dubai recently it looked just like that with the fire reaching up and round the building in mere minutes.

So whether it was the cladding or the material underneath it will of course be investigated.

I also heard a resident and witness state that it was his neighbour on the 4th floor, whose fridge caught fire.

I fear the death toll will rise by a large number once the building is fully searched.