View Single Post
Old 01-06-2006, 22:34   #22
pop80_uk
Inactive

pop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant future
Re: Car expert needed (Paintwork)

Quote:
Originally Posted by budwieser
Without saying it, yes.!
Not totally it depends the extent of the laquer peel, is it orange peeling, trick chipping or has water got under it. Laquer peel does not mean a total re-spray either as a good body shop (few years ago whilst at uni I worked in one) would rub back the laquer and re-laquer, not do a total re-spray unless required.

Pigment is also a major factor in paint fade, I agree with the other factors as well you listed but the chemical decomposition due to the actual pigment of the paint was a huge factor in paint technology some 10 years ago when the posters MX5 was produced. And a correct mop actually removes the top layer of paint / laquer.

Without seeing pictures of your car I can not comment totally but from what you have said Id say a full re-spray is not needed. Just my opinion.
pop80_uk is offline   Reply With Quote