View Single Post
Old 26-07-2017, 14:53   #33
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Petrol & diesel vehicles ban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
It's not like this is a irrevocable policy.

But it's sensible to plan ahead on the assumption that, in 23 years time, battery technology will be better than it is now. And the technology we have now can power sports cars. It's already feasible to own and operate electric cars in the UK. It will get even better, especially if the government is throwing it's weight behind it.

We need better batteries and faster charging but Tesla have made a lot of progress in only 5 years here and we've given ourselves a timeline of 23 years. What's more is that it's the direction the industry is moving with more and more manufacturers moving their models to electric engines.
So when are they planning to start putting in the vast amount of infrastructure that'll be required to support street charging and how long's that going to take nationally? There's a great deal of difference between a very small number of people using electric vehicles (many of them whilst also owning traditionally fuelled cars) for short runs and having to rely totally on these vehicles and being able to charge them quickly and conveniently. I wouldn't want to be trapped for hours on a snowy motorway somewhere watching my electric car heater rapidly use what's left of my battery's charge as the temperature plummets...

God forbid we have any power cuts and can't charge our vehicles eh?

Last edited by Osem; 26-07-2017 at 15:03.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote