View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 21:41   #31
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Update on Phone-hacking inquiry: News of the World Apologises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
No evidence they helped the killer as I am guessing he didn't phone her. Just more evidence of the insensitive and callous nature of some of our press. You would think the journalists involved would feel bad about it but I am really beginning to wonder about these people....Used to think it was simply the editors enforcing a line but now I think the journalists really think this behaviour is ok.
No direct evidence, but it is a distinct possibility:

Quote:
The deletion of the messages also caused difficulties for the police by confusing the picture when they had few leads to pursue.It also potentially destroyed valuable evidence.

According to one senior source familiar with the Surrey police investigation: "It can happen with abduction murders that the perpetrator will leave messages, asking the missing person to get in touch, as part of their efforts at concealment. We need those messages as evidence. Anybody who destroys that evidence is seriously interfering with the course of a police investigation."
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote