View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 22:44   #57
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
Re: Storage heaters - cost to run?

Also traditional light bulbs provide a good source of heat, see in winter that heat from the bulbs provides ambient heating as well as light

---------- Post added at 17:44 ---------- Previous post was at 16:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbiatch View Post
Thanks for simplifying that, seems i'm pretty much up the creek with a big leccy bill

Time to invest in a new coat me thinks
Dunno about up a creek. Are you at home all day? I thought you worked. Assuming the latter
Do these things have timers or do you just switch it on. Anyway you switch it on and set a room temperature on it. For say the next hour it piles out 2kw of heat and gets the room up to temp. That has cost you 20p. For the next say 5 hours until you go to bed it is on for say 1/4 of the hour keeping the room at that temp, so 5 hours at 5p 25p. So to keep that room warm for 6 hours cousts you 45p
You might run the one in the bedroom which will have a lower current draw overnight at a lower temp so say 30m at 1kw 5p and then 8 hours at 2p 16p = 21p.

You should be able to keep the place warm for less than a quid a day on weekdays and maybe two to three on the weekend (or stay tucked up with MrLM). Don't know how that fits in your budget though.
SMHarman is offline   Reply With Quote