View Single Post
Old 27-04-2012, 01:35   #8
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads
Re: Cable and Wireless Worldwide unable to find a buyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I don't see how it fits in with their business

Did they?

They didn't really "need" the infrastructure as they have an infrastructure using other carriers.

They can now of course migrate themselves onto the C&W network, but of course they now have all the costs associated with owning and maintaining a core fibre network, whereas in the past they didn't have to worry about that.

They bought the network for the business customers, as they will now be able to sell a bundled fixed line and mobile offering.

I can't see it, I may be proven wrong but I just don't see how the submarine assets, many of which are not wholly owned, fit in with Vodafone.
Vodafone may want to diversify into other markets, Vodafone has already proven that it expand on vast scale. In a distant future they will also consider re-entering the residential sector, of course they will already be doing this as Demon internet services are a part of Cable and wireless as part of Thus and broadband users have already been migrated onto the Cable and Wireless LLU network. People would be more likely to use the service under the vodafone brand, would you sign up to anything under Cable and wireless given its track record with Bulldog and its former chaotic cable company? When I say Cable and wireless needs a mobile network, I was refering to its current offering which it pays another mobile network to provide it where there are no cable and wireless cells of its own, they wouldn't have to pay this as Vodafone already has its own network across the UK,Republic of ireland,europe,india,Australasia and part ownership of Verizon Wireless in the USA. And the submarine cables, surely there will be use for them, remember Vodafone can't stay just a mobile network forever, by having an infrastructure, they are future proofing there business as it opens more doors for them, something that O2 and Everything Everywhere lacks in especially in the UK. Everything Everywhere can be easily brought down by Vodafone there is a limit to what O2 and Everything Everywhere can offer,Everything Everywhere might have more personal customers at the moment but they don't spend as much as the majority of Vodafone customers do and are they able to offer business services to the extent of what BT can offer? no, but Vodafone will. another thing, Deutsche Telekom is still wanting rid of the UK and there are rumours that they might sell there 50% share in Everything everywhere, signs that the company is still not on target? Or just has there business become saturated that there is little chance of expansion?
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote