View Single Post
Old 19-03-2012, 23:26   #3
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one
Re: BBC1 region - why do I receive BBC London?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cucumber View Post
Hi,

I know this has been discussed in the past, however I am curious to know if Virgin's ability to resolve this has changed.

Put simply, I live in Hampshire but receive BBC1 London. I want BBC1 South. Can Virgin 'point' me at my region of choice?

Thanks.
Because of the way the cable franchise system was origionaly set up some cut across region boundaries. The choice of region you get is dependant on the location of the cable headend your local network is connected too. For most of the NE part of Hampshire this is Guildford, which is in the London TSA.

As Lew points out, there is an additional feed to this area for ITV Meridian South on 870.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote