View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 11:21   #14
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light
Re: VIP50/TiVo Packs and International calls

Spent about 35 minutes on the phone to customer service last night about this. A very helpful chap called Martin was dealing with it.

He was perplexed by the change in the Talk International and Talk Mobile packages. He confirmed what we already know about there being a VIP Tivo package and that for some reason they have changed the Talk International and Talk Mobile add ons. He is refunding me the difference in cost for my overseas call but his manager is escalating this to see if the original Talk International/Mobile add ons can be made available for VIP Tivo packs.

They told me this was the first complaint they'd had of this and said they will do their best to get it sorted as they can forsee many calls and complaints. Personally, I think I should be put back on the original Talk International and Talk Mobile tariffs. I was not informed of this change at the time of the Tivo order and cannot understand why the change has even been made!

I shall get a call back before Friday to confirm what is happening. To be honest, if I am not put back to the original tariffs I will be most annoyed. We make calls to France and South Africa. France is fine as it would be included in the '5' tariff, but SA is not and is charged at 20p per minute. If SA was included in the '5' tariff that would present better value for me than the original Talk International package.

I can only see two reasons for the change:

1 - it is a mistake and they have coded the package incorrectly and it should still be the original.
2 - They have incorporated the £3 Tivo fee into the discount and are using the new international call rates to claw back some of that revenue.

I hope it is the first.
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote