View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 17:46   #9
savvychels
cf.geek

Services: VIP120 w/ TiVo x2
savvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpack
Re: VIP50/TiVo Packs and International calls

They removed the Talk Int 2 and added the Talk Int 10 plan. There is still the £2 'bundle' discount for the international plan so my bill went up by £8 - which is about what I spend a month in calls anyway, but now I get 1000 minutes of free calls which is well over what I have used in the past and means I can do more calling of friends and family overseas at no extra cost (yay!).

If you don't make as many calls as I do, but still make a fair number and went for the Talk Int 5, it would be only £3 extra a month and would include 250 free minutes of international calls, and any over would only cost 2p a minute - so depending on your calling patterns could still work out cheaper for you overall than the original plan.

I'm still trying to figure out how the '2' plan is of any use to anyone... Was told that most overseas calls are around 30p/min so the '2' plan is between 10-20p/min depending on where you're calling. So if you don't call abroad at all or very little then I suppose it's still a good plan for those people.

For me I do believe I'm actually better off with the '10' than I have been previously and I think my overall bill will now be lower (now that there won't be any additional call charges), but it would have been nice to have been informed when adding the TiVo - it may be that the TiVo staff didn't realise there was a difference though and if that's the case then it's very poor communication on the part of VM to their TiVo sales team.
savvychels is offline   Reply With Quote