View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 20:28   #7
savvychels
cf.geek

Services: VIP120 w/ TiVo x2
savvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpack
Re: VIP50/TiVo Packs and International calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJSmyth View Post
I am having a very similar issue as the OP.

I too have VIP50 with Tivo (and have Talk International and Mobile listed as version 2) and have been charged £6.10 ex vat for a 36 minute call to a South African landline number. According to the PDF of calls from May 1st, this should be charged at 3.06p + 12.24 connection charge. By my maths the call should have cost around £1.20 ish.

How come I have been charged 5 times this amount?
Because the International package that comes with the new TiVo bundle is the new 'Talk Int 2' version, which obviously people haven't been advised of.

Do as I did and ring them to discuss what package does meet your needs (the 5 or the 10 versions which I've linked to above) and let them know that you were not advised of the different international plan so made your call to SA under the impression it was 3p a minute not 20. I had to go through a couple of different departments to arrange the new service (they swapped out the talk Int 2 for talk int 10) and then for the refund, but I did get the refund with no issue or hassle at all, just a lot of time on the phone.

Just be really nice about it and you shouldn't have a problem. That's why I wanted to flag this - so people know what's going on.

Hope you get it worked out.
savvychels is offline   Reply With Quote