View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 09:51   #3
mersey70
Inactive

Services: TV M, L BB, Sky+ HD
mersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant future
Re: Can Tivo record a program if it's running late?

Quote:
Originally Posted by REM View Post
I am sorry if this has been discussed but I did a search here and on google and could not find anything relevant.

I remember years ago on terrestrial TV that they started to broadcast a signal that would allow recorders to record a program in full even it it was late starting.

I think the system had a three letter name but I cannot remember.

Is this system still used today and more importantly is it available through VM and will Tivo use it or does Tivo do a similar thing through some other method.
I think you are referring to Programme Delivery Control, or PDC as it is more widely known. Freeview+ uses a very similar system that is based on PDC but they call it something else.

Tivo dosen't have that feature or a dynamic EPG (a guide that updates instantly with commands sent by the platform or broadcaster, as used by BSkyB on some of the channels on their platform).

I believe Tivo gives an option to pad a live programme when you add it to your recording planner, or of course you can just set your own padding on any show much like with V+.
mersey70 is offline   Reply With Quote