View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 10:19   #13
superbiatch
Inactive

Services: Sky+, Sky Broadband and Talk
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to superbiatch
Re: Storage heaters - cost to run?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris T View Post
Well, they aren't storage heaters, so you can ignore most of the responses in this thread.

They are not so different from bar heaters, they have an element inside that heats up when switched on.

To calculate your running costs, take your leccy price - 10.49 pence for one Kilowatt/Hour - and multiply by the power output of the heater. This should be on a rating plate somewhere on the heater. If you can't find it, try to look up your exact model online. Is it one of the ones you linked to?

If you have 0.5Kw heaters, that's 10.49 x 0.5 - 5.245 pence per heater per hour.
I'm sorry for all the messing about, i'm finding this out as i'm going along as the idiots who sold me the place aren't exactly 'informed'

I can't find the exact model online because i think it was a foreign one from norway, need to find the paperwork tonight when i get home from work. But going on what you're saying - they don't seem as expensive as storage heaters?
superbiatch is offline   Reply With Quote