Thread: 350M Vivid 350?
View Single Post
Old 17-08-2017, 19:36   #79
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: Vivid 350?

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
they say it can take up to 24 hours but in my experience when I have rang up in the past it was done while I was on the phone. I know they have to put a code on your account for it to work and I am not sure if the billing information (i.e what you see in your info) is the same as actually giving you the tier (putting the code on your account) or if they are two separate things and somebody needs to manually put it on. Unfortunately I am non the wiser as the last two upgrades I have had have been contingent on a new shub and the new configs have dropped down when I activated the new shub.
From what I understand from when I worked with them, what's on your account is what you see when you log in - and when they make a chance to it, it's instant. However, there's a separation from what's on your account and what all your devices are provisioned at.

There's a separate service that constantly sends the provisioning information out and when it's working, changes should be nearly instant - but occasionally it goes down and that's why they say it can take up to 24 hours. Someone can actually manually send the "hit" though and that's usually what's happening when they say they're "sending some signals down the line" - as that does occasionally help when devices get a bit "stuck".
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote