View Single Post
Old 11-09-2016, 19:50   #20
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Apple Ditches Headphone Socket in iPhone 7

Do I think losing the headphone socket is a good idea? No. Not from a consumer point of view. I can see the advantage for Apple (leaves a fair amount of space for other devices), but for the consumer, it increases wear and tear on the one port available on the phone, so if that port is damaged, the user may not be able to charge the phone (the iPhone 7 does not support wireless charging). I had this problem with my old HTC Tytn.

That said, I went out and bought a decent set of bluetooth headphones that while they look a little like old school hearing aids (the ones that hang over the back of your ear), they sound brilliant (which, for me, is the main thing), so assuming I upgrade to an iPhone 7 next year, I won't have to use any adaptors or buy Air Pods. While I can upgrade from November, I've not been that impressed with Vodafone, so want the freedom to move to a new carrier, so need to wait until February.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote