View Single Post
Old 14-06-2013, 10:46   #155
Waldo Pepper
Inactive

Waldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation era
Re: CB'ing and Ham radio in the 21st Century

I made alot of money in the 80's fixing peoples CB radios who had been tweaked to give higher power when in fact they were just retuning the output stage harmonics and not the fundamental power, fixing microphones and burners where I got my first nasty RF burn off a 1200W burner. Happy days. I remember being able to turn my sister's VCR off when I keyed up on full smoke. That's when my Pa took down my external aerial

I still have a Ham International Multimode AM/FM/USB/LSB and a Cobra 120 in my loft with a 5/8ths Silver Rod. Last time I switched it on ~1995 ish, the channels were dead.

I made a lot of friends in those days on 27MHz FM before it sadly was moved to 934MHz where most could not afford the rigs.