View Single Post
Old 23-02-2011, 15:18   #39
Cozzy
Inactive

Cozzy is on a distinguished roadCozzy is on a distinguished road
Re: TIVO screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythagoras View Post
How will you manage the remote record in post number 32?
errrrrrr simple ... i dont use such a feature now and dont see a need for it for my personal use ... therefore its irrelevant

for those that wish that feature .. great ... for average Joe Public .. its not worth £149 and £3 to have a remote record

a lot of average Joe Publics like myself simply wont see tivo as a worthy upgrade for the cost as it offers niche tech savvy things for the niche tech savvy market

---------- Post added at 15:18 ---------- Previous post was at 15:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTD View Post
OK Cozzy - how's about this. The recording engine in TiVO is intelligent. So you have a Sunday night conflict due to too many 'Season Passes'. Rather than just say 'no, I'm not recording that' like V+ does, TiVO will intelligently scan for other showings of that program, even checking for the SD version (if you allow it to) and reschedule accordingly. This would remove 100% of the recording conflicts at Maison TD and is one of the major reasons I'll be getting one as soon as they let me.

That, and the 1TB which I can fill with lovely inefficient MPEG2 HD
well to put it simply .... there is never enough things on that i wish to see let alone record that requires more than 2 tuners at a time ...

i may have simple tastes but i have never had a conflict yet to be in that situation ... and even if i did ... every program apart from live sport is repeated at least once and usually within 7 days so not hard to wait for the rerun if i had too ... i dont need tivo to find out when a rerun is on as there are such things as tv listings both in print format and online ... not exactly a hardship to use your own brain once in a while

another tivo exclusive that is irrelevant to me personally
Cozzy is offline   Reply With Quote