pythagoras
cf.addict

pythagoras has reached the bronze age
pythagoras has reached the bronze age
Re: TIVO screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozzy View Post
thanks for the screen shots ...

hasnt changed my opinion though ... a newer bit of kit with a larger HDD and enhanced HD GUI is not worth £149 to me over a V+ box that has the same functions

the £3 a month extension of the functions such as more detailed info , searches and the such i can currently do myself for nothing using what most homes have ... a computer with BB

the tivo does not add new content , it only finds current content repeated which i can manually do myself now

the tivo does series links ... but so does the V+ for what i have used it for

sorry to disappoint you but you have still not shown me or told me of a single feature the tivo has that cant currently be achieved other than the bigger HDD ... i must be getting old but i watch tv when i watch tv not plan a week ahead because a movie is on .. take it one day at a time and if i miss something there is DVD/Bluray rental or even purchasing a boxset which will probably be cheaper in the long run

i dont own a smart phone or ipad and i dont throw a hissy fit if i happen to miss something i wanted to watch or record when out so that feature is irrelevant

i know i sound like a lost cause but no one has yet to show what a tivo can do for me or others like me that a V+ isnt already doing
I have shown you what it can do that a v+ cant. You can only compete with tivo on search and finding interesting programs and links by using a v+ and a computer. However it will never add content(apart from searches span videos on the internet too and are visible straight on tv) I hope you dont say now "But thats nothing I cant do now with a V+ and a pc oh and a media streamer i.e. ps3 or xbox360"

You havnt disappointed me though, as I'm not a salesman for VM and I'm not trying to convince you of anything. Just enjoying the Tivo experience and sharing the stuff that isnt on a v+ with people who are interested.

Regards

John.
pythagoras is offline   Reply With Quote