View Single Post
Old 23-02-2011, 14:34   #34
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age
Re: TIVO screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozzy View Post
thanks for the screen shots ...

hasnt changed my opinion though ... a newer bit of kit with a larger HDD and enhanced HD GUI is not worth £149 to me over a V+ box that has the same functions

the £3 a month extension of the functions such as more detailed info , searches and the such i can currently do myself for nothing using what most homes have ... a computer with BB

the tivo does not add new content , it only finds current content repeated which i can manually do myself now

the tivo does series links ... but so does the V+ for what i have used it for

sorry to disappoint you but you have still not shown me or told me of a single feature the tivo has that cant currently be achieved other than the bigger HDD ... i must be getting old but i watch tv when i watch tv not plan a week ahead because a movie is on .. take it one day at a time and if i miss something there is DVD/Bluray rental or even purchasing a boxset which will probably be cheaper in the long run

i dont own a smart phone or ipad and i dont throw a hissy fit if i happen to miss something i wanted to watch or record when out so that feature is irrelevant

i know i sound like a lost cause but no one has yet to show what a tivo can do for me or others like me that a V+ isnt already doing
Have you ever thought of getting a gramophone?

I can give you one feature V+ (or anything else) hasn't got, recommendations. Imagine Last.fm for TV, it has the same content yes but it guides you to that content better. "You like this? Well we guess you will like this (thing you have never heard of) too!", and if that doesn't float your boat then I can tell you now TiVo isn't for you.

Oh and it's all very well making assumptions about VM TiVo but if you haven't used one you can't really tell if it's better than V+ or not.

Spoiler: 
It's better that a V+.
clinteastman is offline   Reply With Quote