View Single Post
Old 13-03-2012, 16:25   #21
mertle
Inactive

mertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quads
Re: Universal Credit

Quote:
Originally Posted by m419 View Post
By the way Universal Credit, has been an idea which has been on the cards since the DSS was replaced by DWP, it is to make it easier as well as get people off benefits, there is just too many! and some of them unfair, Why should people on Jobseekers Allowance who are genuinely looking for work get less than someone on Income Support, it makes no sense! The cost of travelling to interviews as well as to the jobcentre to sign on as well as buying food,gas and electricity is a lot, £53 per week for under 25's is too low! Those on income support and ESA get up to something like £90 per week which is unfair for jobseekers, those on income support and ESA are likely to be claiming other benefits as well.

I think the current Jobseekers allowance system is encouraging and helpful to find work, but the pay is very low and I really don't think it is very beneficial for those living alone. I was only on it for about 3 to 4 weeks before finding another job, it was very hard!
I have alwayys felt JSA should be inline with IS with added all hunting job equipment free. They also should provide free travel to interviews on public transport even free first month employment that would trains buses so no trying get job in netherlands with free travel to schipol. Within reason bounds. Surely what helps people to get to find work without financial burden would be good idea. I spent £20 on stationary papers that was not even the transport to interviews. I often had to ask financial help from relatives.

Problem with including ESA is often disabled need extra items dont think its right.

I worked out with food bills if you followed government advice you need job £250 a week to live. just at £5 a meal you shopping would be £35 thats just one they recomend 3 cooked meals with fruit and veg as daily diet.

There insurance for home, rent or mortage paying now pension possible the next step healthcare insurance. Council tax on top too.

Electric and gas bills I doubt the national minum wage is anywhere near enough even if eliminate healthcare out the equation. Even take out the insurance pension you still looking at ALOT money just to survive in britain you cant physically give money out which makes it impossible to live to clothe/eat/keep warm.

Any reductions would put massive strain onto NHS our are we going to deny people the right to healthcare.

I listened on the radio that charities said would cause maive poverty natually you got bigoted government calling it poppycock people actually be better off. I thought yes government in this climate going to be charitable I just laughed at the lie he was peddling.
mertle is offline   Reply With Quote