View Single Post
Old 27-09-2016, 10:30   #669
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Corbyn's kerfuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Men are constantly told there are no circumstances where it's acceptable to hit a woman in anger something i agree wholeheartedly with so i apply the same to women hitting men. Anyone who has been cautioned for domestic violence has no place being in any position related to domestic violence or labour so hard up for people they can't have a better representative. Domestic violence is suffered by both sexes yet only male on female is routinely discussed despite increasing numbers of men suffering from it so it's not acceptable to me that she holds the position she does.
I'd agree 100% with that. Domestic violence against males is routinely overlooked, laughed off and even excused all too often by women who condemn men but turn a blind eye to the abusers amongst them. Just how awful must it be for a male victim of abuse to confront the reality that they probably won't be believed, a great many people will ridicule them, the family courts will rarely give them custody of any children and there's nowhere for them to go? Maybe that's part of the reason male suicide rates are so high. Even now if you look at Home Office, Parliamentary and police literature on the subject, you'll find little evidence that the abuse of men is being taken seriously.

It wasn't that long ago that Kelly Brook was boasting about punching up her partners yet precious little was done about it. Can you imagine the outcry and lifelong stigma which would have been attached to her partners had they been the ones using their fists? I dare say hypocrites like Sarah Champion would still be banging on about them now...