View Single Post
Old 11-11-2023, 10:05   #24
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Amazon Freevee on Virginmedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Not sure why you persist with this circuitous argument but the idea these nonentities could provide linear television with nobody watching it yet the biggest players in the industry couldn’t is preposterous.

Whether the majority prefer streaming is irrelevant.
On the first point, I didn't say that.

On the second point, I agree, but I'm not the one who tells me ad nauseum that the channels will still be there post 2035, so clearly, it's relevant to you.

I simply say there would be no point in displaying the channels after the transmitters are turned off for TV broadcasts, when everything can be streamed over IPTV. There's nothing to stop them from doing so if they choose to do so, either to cater for the stick-in-the-muds or because the government tells them the public service channels have to.