Thread: Email Tracking
View Single Post
Old 26-03-2015, 11:53   #87
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society
Re: Email Tracking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittmann View Post
Hugh you are impossible and have obviously never been in the military. Over and out is used in field communications. But since you use films as the criterion for military terminology, keep on watching.

You do get everything wrong. I am not comparing myself with the military, the example was given in some desperate attempt to show you that to ask for a receipt from a target, is so stupid that it is barely worth my effort in quoting it since you did not get the message.

I am finished with this thread.
There is nothing you can say or do that will alter the widespread practice of Email tracking one iota. Enjoy your day. I have unsubscribed from this thread.
Ok, yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittmann View Post
I have nothing more to say on this subject other than what I have already said. My taking part in further argument on this matter is futile, tracking is here and is here to stay.

Whatever guidance is given by various bodies, it is only a guidance and makes not the slightest dent in the ever increasing popularity of tracking by individuals and commercial concerns worldwide.

Obtaining a receipt by decision of the recipient is reverting back to the gentleman and scholar attitude of Victoriana.

I rest my case.
You persist.

Unsolicited tracking of your digital communication is illegal, just as it is illegal to track if you have opened and read your physical mail.

There's a big difference between someone confirming they have received a communication by the person itself (For example calling a bank to say you received a letter asking for a meeting with your bank manager) and your PC telling Tesco that you read their latest advertising e-mail at 10:44am on a Sunday in March, all without telling you and without the option to NOT tell Tesco thank you very much.

Also, I love how you call EU law "guidance". I mean I know we all love EU laws and stuff but hey, that's fun.

Also, I love how you deny that you receive read receipts, but then you get told that you do! Being notified that someone has opened their e-mail is the definition of a read receipt. Such an action, requires notification and consent and Outlook for example can block incoming read receipt requests. So, while you can quite legally ask for notification that I have opened your e-mail, I am fully, and legally allowed to refuse, and you would be none the wiser.

Again, if a system tracks how a user interacts with their communication, with no way to opt out or knowledge that this is happening then it is illegal. Throwing a huff and saying "lalala I'm not listening" does not change the law.

You do seem to have problems with anyone who challenges your views. Rather than accepting dissenting opinion and that people will have reasonable viewpoints based on evidence, you attempt to discredit them. When this fails you have resorted, repeatedly to try to silence people by saying that you've had enough as if nobody elses opinion even counts in your eyes.

Either enter a debate in good faith, or do not enter at all.
Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote