View Single Post
Old 16-09-2011, 12:36   #1
ShadowTD
Inactive

Services: 200Mb & SH2ac
ShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond repute
Cable depth/armour (old install)

Morning all!

It's a gardening frenzy here at TD Towers. Over the last few days I've been working on the front garden and I've found something a bit disturbing. Basically, my install (probably about 8 years before I moved in 3 years ago) appears to have been done 'quickly'. Whilst I was tidying up the gravel (goddamn bindweed!) I found that my Siamese cable from the street to the Omnibox is A) only about 4" down and B) not protected in the slightest.

Now in the next month or two I'm planning on having the small strip of gravel where it runs block paved. If I've found the cable when weeding, it's pretty likely that the guys doing the paving will. With it being unprotected, I honestly wouldn't blame them if it got damaged.

Suggestions? Will Virgin give a monkeys if I call them?
ShadowTD is offline   Reply With Quote