View Single Post
Old 19-06-2007, 20:08   #32
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
Re: Flashed by a speed camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsainsbury View Post
Grrrrrrr....what is it with me and speed cameras! I don't drive fast - I think I'm quite careful...most of the time.

Tonight I was flashed by a Gatso camera.
I knew it was there.
I saw it.
I've seen it hundreds of times.
I've been past it hundreds of times.

So what happened then? I accelerated to get in front of a bus which was parked up in a bus stop and probably was about to indicate to come back out.

Now - this camera was on the other side of the road - and there are camera road markings (the dashes that they reference against) on the other side of the road only.

Do you think I just set it off 'cus I was going a bit fast past the bus?

Can they catch up with me and give me a fine / points even though they have no markings to reference the speed against?

I only saw the one flash...
AFAIK, the standard Gatsos are designed to be rear-firing and they can't prosecute drivers coming the other way. I was flashed by a camera on the other side once and never received an NIP

Apparently, the fake speed cameras are the ones that flash oncoming vehicles. They have cheaper speed detectors which can't tell the difference between a positive and negative speed. I do know that some do flash oncoming, and some don't, so that could explain it. I just heard it on another forum though.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote