Thread: General Ethernet Cable
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 20:25   #29
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads
Re: Ethernet Cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I don't need, or want him to do that mate, as I said there's loads of room under our floor.
I really can't picture how you access this space without lifting floorboards but you can only ask the engineer and see what he says. If you think it's a reasonable request then you'll be fine I'm sure.

When I had my VM installed I was lucky enough to be completely renovating my house so loads of floorboards were up upstairs. I knew the cable run I wanted between cable entry point in the living room and bedroom for a second box was unreasonable for them to do so I bought some good quality cable and did it myself (it involved loft access which I'm sure they do not do). The engineer was grateful for the work especially as it was a Saturday install and he could go home early. He did also say he would have given me the cable a few days before if he knew but I'm not sure if CS would arrange this if you ask.

Hopefully all goes well with your install, let us know how you get on.
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote