View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 16:24   #109
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

Got our DLA - PIP letter a few days ago. Called several times yesterday but the system was down so in the end someone took our number and promised a 48 hour call back. I've just had that call and spoke to a very understanding lady who took down various details and answered a couple of questions of mine. I was told that we should get a form to fill out in about 2 weeks and that an assessment appointment might not be necessary depending on the information/reports they're able to gather along with anything we provide. I'm fully aware that completing the form will be an onerous task, but it has to be done and I'm not going to be panicked into any sleepless nights just yet. The lady I spoke to couldn't really have been more polite or helpful so please everyone don't go approaching this process with an attitude before it's even started. When it comes to the forms, give as much information as you reasonably can even if you don't have lots of recent medical reports to provide. Being anxious, frustrated or even rude isn't going to make matters easier and may just come across as being obstructive. It'll be interesting to see how forum members feel their claims have been dealt with and whether things were quite as bad as they'd been led to believe. Time will tell no doubt.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote