Thread: 100M The end is nigh
View Single Post
Old 28-04-2012, 21:50   #10
slowcoach
Inactive

Services: VM Phone 152 Meg.
slowcoach has reached the bronze age
slowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze age
Re: The end is nigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
did you not say you were going to be the first on 120meg?
That was reported I the local rag about 3 weeks ago but they didn't give a date.

---------- Post added at 21:29 ---------- Previous post was at 21:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Fisher View Post
I know exactly how you feel and sympathise.

VM/Ntl/whatever have rested on their laurals for ages, treating the subs like muck, because they knew they were the only game in town for fast BB.

They are still behaving in the same way but now they are just one Company amongst many. I expect the penny will drop eventually but by that time it might be too late.
Judging by the problems people are having with low speeds after the doubling the rush to keep ahead of BT may come back to bite them.

---------- Post added at 21:50 ---------- Previous post was at 21:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyRizzo View Post
Get them round to test your signal levels, apparently the modems run best at -6db to -8db and Tivo at 0db, also chack All F conectors, plus if you have abrown drop cable going to the box it may be that.

---------- Post added at 20:42 ---------- Previous post was at 20:40 ----------

Also, old isolators (ones with 2 ports) are old and out of date, a new one can give you an extra 10meg
Signal and power levels are fine, I have a black drop cable, previously speeds have always been fine since install, no dropouts or rebooting. Currently it's back at 100+ but upload is still capped at 2.7 Mb/s. I only upgraded to 100 Mb for the extra upload, I was quite happy with the 50 Mb download speed.
I would get Infinity now but when I had ADSL I was always having problems with the line between home and the pole even though BT had strung a new line with the introduction of ADSL.
slowcoach is offline   Reply With Quote