View Single Post
Old 19-03-2017, 00:16   #580
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
I see the BBC reckons a family leaving the UK due to Brexit is worthy of reporting - a 'Must See' in fact.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-39305860

I wish them luck but families come and leave the UK all the time and for all sorts of reasons yet the Beeb clearly feels this has additional significance for some reason.

The reality is that for many years, the number of people leaving the UK has been vastly exceeded by the number coming in and still is in spite of Brexit and all the associated hyperbole.

Maybe next week the Beeb will do a similar piece on a family who've heard all about Brexit yet are still choosing intolerant, xenophobic Britain as the place they want to live and work...
In Summer the BBC was widely known as the Brexit Broadcasting Corporation. It has continued this theme with an unhealthy obsession of pro-Brexit guests only on the Andrew Marr Show, a well known Brexiter.
This magazine article is so poor [many other reasons apart from Brexit for the family to move to Germany] that I can only assume the Brexit Broadcasting Corporation chose it for this very reason. It gives the appearance of balance but is so unconvincing it delivers the opposite.