Thread: Tivo V6 Routerswitch off
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 12:20   #12
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Routerswitch off

Quote:
Originally Posted by japitts View Post
No I get that ben, but how do the older V-HD boxes get their guide updates in that case?

What I mean was, I thought the Tivo boxes got their guide updates alongside the TV signals rather than the internet connection. And so therefore the V6 should be the same - using their TV signals rather than their WiFi connection.
The V/V-HD/V+ boxes get their guide data from the TV broadcast. Even though they have a built-in modem, they don't use it to get guide data.

The Cisco & Samsung TiVos get the guide data through their built-in modem. The V6 gets it via the SuperHub.

It's this way mainly for historical reasons. TiVos have always got guide data through an internet connection, so it was easiest to continue that way for VM TiVos. Guide data in the broadcast is a DVB/European thing, so a bit alien to Tivo.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote