View Single Post
Old 15-12-2008, 12:03   #15
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: CNN: "PS3 is dying on the shelves"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I think it was badly phrased, but it has less on the 360. In the end it's about what will make people hand over their money, not about what is fair. The 360 is more competitive at the moment, people are less willing to spend a lot of money on a console and the PS3 is just too pricey for a lot of people. They main draw, Blu-Ray, may not be enough for people.

Like I said, it's last years complaints returned because people are less willing to spend a lot.

---------- Post added at 11:18 ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 ----------

I disagree it's the console at fault, I think it's the price + recession
I have to admit, I don't think the PS3 is at fault either. It is a fine console. It's just that in these times, people seem to be looking to "make do" more (thus DVD is still outselling Blu Ray), and where they are upgrading, they are looking at the three consoles, and seem to be coming to the conclusion that the xbox and Wii are a better deal. I suspect it's not that the Xbox or Wii are better consoles (they aren't), but the fact that a lot of the big game franchises (your Need For Speeds, Fifa games etc) are available for at least the 360 and PS3.

If Sony were able to reduce the price a bit and/or licence a few more franchises, they would have more of a fighting chance. People wishing to "make do" more does seem to be extending to Consoles. The extra features the PS3 has over the Xbox may not be worth anything to them (if they aren't looking to install a HD DVD player or wish to use a wired network for instance), so they may come to the conclusion they are looking at a console that costs as much as a cheap PC but does a lot less. Then they see the Wii (with it's funky control systems and party games) and the Xbox 360 costing a lot less..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote