View Single Post
Old 27-10-2017, 08:39   #8
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Liberty Global Renews/Expands TiVo deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by batchain View Post
Not any time soon, I imagine. Virgin Media's CEO said that Liberty is “not religious” about Horizon, that if TiVo works here, then they’ll maintain it.

It's not as if Liberty Global actually own the Horizon middleware and user interface (it's licensed from NDS), so there's little or no cost saving to be made but there will be major disruption to services if they do switch. Red button, apps, certain carriage deals with Sky, multi-room streaming etc. are tied to the TiVo platform.

In 2015 Virgin extended its deal with TiVo to at least 2020 with TiVo remaining the "exclusive provider" of middleware and user interface software for Virgin's next generation set top boxes. As part of the deal, Virgin committed itself to "the development of next-generation solutions from TiVo."
Actually, I am very happy to hear that news, I was unaware that LG had reviewed their decision in respect of the UK.

From what I have heard, migration to Horizon would have been a retrograde step.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote