View Single Post
Old 19-11-2015, 14:20   #2825
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: General Sky TV Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTD View Post
This genuinely leads me to believe Sky have lost the plot. Their biggest threat is people ditching pay tv to go to FTA + Streaming. Rather than shoring up their NowTV offering, which is proving very popular at combating this threat, they're offering a turbocharged all-singing, all-dancing product? Who do they think is going to buy this? Affluent middle-class customers who've always had the 'top tier' but never watched 90% of it? Or working class people who are mad for sport? Both of these groups of customers have been cutting the cord in steady numbers, or at least defecting to rival, cheaper services.

The Same thought crossed my mind; it's still tied to an expensive pay TV system, which myself, and increasingly more people have or are moving away from.

The big thing of the announcement is the content providers allowing better multi-device viewing rights; they are the people holding up the progress that most people want, not technology, as demonstrated by the restrictions on many channels on Tivo's MRS system. If Sky have bludgeoned the content providers on that one, then well done Sky
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote