View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 17:42   #2676
Jong1
Inactive

Jong1 will become famous soon enoughJong1 will become famous soon enoughJong1 will become famous soon enough
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 3

I was a big fan of the TiVo back when it first arrived. TiVo continued to innovate. Virgin stuck with the same box for too long.

No one is suggesting they should swap all the boxes every year, or even few years, but look how many Suerhubs there have been since the TiVo came out and people had a chance to upgrade if they wanted.

At the time of my earlier post I was just saying that after many years the time was now right. Some here argued there was absolutely no need to even think about replacing and that the box was quite snappy enough and capable enough. 6 months later the Sky Q was announced.

Now Virgin are a year behind releasing their 'equivalent' and while, it's true, we don't know all it can do yet, the little we do know - faster, yes, but basically the same UI and 6/7 tuners - it does not sound like it's even a reasonable competitor, let alone a leap-frogging move ahead. But I guess we will see.
Jong1 is offline   Reply With Quote