View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 12:51   #472
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: June 8th General Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post

No, I didn't think you'd suddenly gone insane.

Aside from Nuclear Power stations, which we apparently no longer have the expertise to build it seems, I don't see how the ultimate ownership of the railways or postal service, say, is a particular threat. It's not like the foreign owners can suddenly decide to shut them down and prevent them working so what's the big threat to the UK?

All essential utility services are software controlled these days. It just doesn't sit right with me that some parts of these services in the UK have foreign ownership.

Not only that, but I don't think essential services; electricity, water, transport etc. should be run for profit.

Granted, in the past, publicly owned services appear to have been run badly. But it can't be above the wit of man to run publicly owned essential services as efficiently as the privately run businesses.

Apparently, public ownership of essential public services (and only those) is a popular policy, even with 'anti-Marxist people like me