View Single Post
Old 20-05-2017, 18:27   #273
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation
Re: Boxing/MMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
IIRC it was. Can't use the search on mobile. I didn't mind the guy but there was definitely something up towards the end. His fight with Dada 5000 was horrific. The way both men gassed after a round and led to a TKO via exhaustion. It took balls to get into a ring with no viable professional level training though. Not a legend but definitely gutsy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Can't find it, if it exists

As far as I'm aware he had serious heart complications, not sure if that was fully aware of before he had fights with Dada 5000 or Shamrock. Problem was, he wasn't exactly training hard enough for fights, it's an accepted likelihood that he was doping throughout his MMA career too and was laid back in training which I doubt helped the condition he was in and would later expand into him needing a heart transplant.

It's worth noting Dada 5000 essentially died after the fight and had to be revived.
Thanks Adzii . Kimbo was someone I first saw purely by accident on youtube. He was a fierce looking guy but of course MMA fights with pros are a whole different ball game. There was mention of 'heart failure' and 'a liver mass'. The doping looks likely. Sad that he is gone though; he was instantly recognisable and, all things said and done, he was only 42. Not sure Baby Slice will enjoy that level of charisma.
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote